Hair straighteners are great for getting that sleek look, but they can also cause damage to your hair. It is not uncommon for many women to suffer from frizzy hair only after a few weeks of using hair straightening irons. In comparison, keratin treatment by hairstylist works a lot better.
However, you might be confused with the use of flat irons. How do other women manage to keep their hair shiny and silky despite using flat irons every day? Well, we are here to answer your questions and solve all your problems. Here are some tips on how to avoid damaging your locks when using a flat iron.
The secret to achieving perfectly straight hair is to use a flat iron with a ceramic plate.
A ceramic plate will help protect your hair from overheating and damage. Ceramic plates are made of porcelain, so they won’t react with your hair as much as other materials do. They’re also more durable than regular plates, so they’ll last longer.
To avoid frizz, apply a small amount of conditioner before using the iron
If you use a ceramic plate, make sure to follow these steps to prevent permanent scalp and hair damage.
- Apply a small amount of condition to damp hair.
- Wrap your hair around the plate and hold it there for 30 seconds.
- Remove the plate and gently brush out any excess product.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 until your hair has been completely conditioned.
- Gently comb your hair to remove any tangles.
- Blow dry your hair while still wet.
- Finish by applying a leave-in conditioner.
When using a heated tool, it’s important to protect your hair from direct contact with the hot surface
Heat styling tools such as flat irons, curling irons, and blow dryers can cause damage to your hair if not used properly. To avoid damaging your hair, follow these tips:
- Always use a wide-tooth comb when blow drying. This will help keep your hair smooth and frizz free.
- Never use a blow dryer directly against your scalp. Instead, blow dry your hair from the roots to the ends.
- Don’t use a flat iron on your hair after washing it. Wait at least 24 hours before using a flat iron again.
After straightening your hair, brush through gently to remove any knots or tangles
To avoid damaging your hair when using a flat iron, use a wide tooth comb to smooth down your hair before applying heat. This will help prevent frizz and breakage. Otherwise, you are at the risk of developing tangles in your hair. And tangled hair is more likely to result in frizz and breakage. So, this is something that you need to avoid.
Indeed, it can be difficult to avoid frizz and hair breakage when you are using hot irons for straightening. You should remember that flat irons will only straighten your hair temporarily. For better results, you should consider going to a hair salon. Professionals at a hair salon will help you achieve the highest quality results by telling you about the alternatives. Using a flat iron is not the only method of achieving straight hair. Instead, you can also get permanent hair straightening from a good salon.
If you look around, you can easily find some good hair salons. However, we suggest you only reach out to the best experts in your area. This way, you will get the best value from your investment.
Generally, permanent hair straightening treatments can last anywhere from 4 to 6 months. So, it is worthwhile as it removes the worry of regularly straightening your hair. So, reach out to hair straightening salons Potomac today!