To some, a mere thought of getting dental implants in their mouth can be very terrifying and scary. Well, it doesn’t have to be. The implant dentistry is a convenient way of replacing missing teeth. The dental implants are made of titanium and are surgically placed by a dental specialist inside your mouth. They have screw-like structure that are fixed into the jaw bone and act like the root of the tooth.
How Much Time is Required for an Implant Procedure?
The time required for dental implant procedure depends on several factors, including:
- Your oral health
- Number of implants required to install
- Which teeth is being replaced
- If tooth extraction required for the implant installation
- Procedure followed by the dental surgeon
You will need to visit several times to the dentist during the treatment period. For instance, a single dental implant surgery takes 1 to 2 hours from start to finish. This includes the overall duration from anesthesia to dressing the patient for a sterilized surgical environment.
Is Dental Implant Procedure Painful?
Just like any other surgery, you might feel some discomfort during dental implant procedure. Local anesthesia will be given for oral sedation that will eliminate the discomfort during the time of the surgery. Most people say that they were quite comfortable during the surgery than they had anticipated. Later, the dentist will prescribe medicines to ease the pain that may occur.
What you can expect during dental implant surgery
Dental implant surgeries are usually performed in stages:
- First, the damaged tooth is removed.
- Your jawbone is prepared for the surgical procedure. Bone grafting may be required.
- Once jawbone is healed, the dentist installs the metal post into your jawbone.
- The healing will take several months after this procedure.
- Once you are healed, the dentist will install the extensions of the metal post i.e. abutment.
- After that your dentist waits till soft tissue heals in order to make molds of jawbone and teeth, and then place the final teeth.
The entire dental implant procedure may take several months from start to finish. Most of that time is required to heal and wait for the new bone growth in your jaw. Your dental implants must be cared on the regular basis, just like your natural teeth. Floss and brush the implants as recommended by your dentist.
Your Guide to the Basics and Beauty of Dental Implants
Your smile should remain beautiful lifetime. But missing, damaged and broken teeth steal the beauty of smile. Well, with dental implants you can win the beauty of your smile back and avoid other health complications. Replacing missing teeth is important to the health of your other teeth and your overall health. Having missing teeth is uncomfortable and if left untreated, it will get worse. When you lose your teeth, you lose your chewing ability, and gaps between the teeth can damage other teeth as well. Missing teeth cause problem after problem.
Learn about dental implants
Dental implants are the ultimate solution to missing teeth problems. With implants you can look and feel better, get back your self-confidence, and smile proudly. Lost teeth replacement with dental implants has been used for decades and is known as one of the standard of treatments for teeth replacement.
The implants work like substitute of tooth root. The implants are surgically inserted into your jawbone. They bond with the living bone tissues. Once installed, dental implants act as a foundation for other components such as bridges, dentures and crowns. Dental implants are great when it comes to teeth replacements or to support the loose lower dentures. They have quite good success ratio, and most patients are happy with the results.
What are the advantages of Dental Implants?
- Implants are stable and strong. They fit, feel and function like natural tooth. Other dental treatments may result in bone deterioration, and interfere with smiling, eating and speaking activities.
- Dental implants provide the long-term solution to dental problems. The implant supported components can last lifetime. However, implants require periodic adjustments and proper care to remain in healthy condition.
- This treatment does not affect the surrounding teeth. There is no need of cutting down or removing other teeth in order to install the dental implants in your mouth.
- Your face may appear sagged, sad and sunken without teeth. You can retain your natural face shape and smile with dental implant treatment.
- Teeth gaps can result other health issues, such as jawbone deterioration. Jawbone loses its firmness and strength, if it is not supported by the teeth. Dental implants can simulate the behaviour of the natural teeth and protect the jawbone.
Falls Church Implant dentistry is one solution to many dental problems. However, it is important to opt for the best dental clinic for implant placement.